Earlier this week I found out that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I am honored by this nomination, and so excited! My blog started out as just a creative release and a way to archive my motherhood memories, especially the amusing ones. I was shocked when I started to get subscribers. People are actually reading what I write– and enjoying it! I would love to give a huge thank you to whatsupyournose for nominating me for this award. She is another mom blogger who shares tales of her two daughters and heartwarming mommy moments. I hope that she enjoys reading my blog as much as I enjoy reading hers.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 or 20.(I don’t have that many, but I have found a few!)
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven strange and unusual things about me….
1. I wish that I lived during the 50’s. Seriously, give me an apron and a vacuum cleaner and forget about all this equality for women in the workplace and I would be one happy camper. I am happiest taking care of my home and my child.
2. I used to ballroom dance, and for awhile I daydreamed about teaching dance someday.
3. I was born the day after my mom’s birthday. She actually went into labor on her birthday, but I apparently wanted my own day! I love celebrating with her each year, though.
4. My sense of humor is very mixed. I have an irreverent (and borderline inappropriate) side from my mom and step-dad, and a dry sarcastic side from my dad. One thing I have learned from my dad, though, is that we are both hilarious. And nobody can tell me otherwise.
5. I love playing with dolls, especially barbies. I played with them way older than the average girl, and I am eagerly awaiting my daughter’s 3rd birthday so that I can get her some barbies (and so I can play again!)
6. I have to make lists for everything. If I don’t write things down, sometimes I can’t stop repeating them over and over in my head for fear of forgetting.
7. I was a total teacher’s pet all throughout school. I guess I could just relate since my mom is a teacher, and I often told other students off when they complained about their grades and tried to blame the teacher.
Now it’s time for me to pass the award on to a few other bloggers. As evidenced by how often I post on my own blog, I don’t have a ton of time to read other blogs right now. I subscribe to and read whatsupyournose, of course, but I haven’t had a ton of time to browse and find more blogs that I love. When I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, I did some research and looking around and I came across Vicky…The Northern Chicky. She is a mom to five girls who writes both with passion and frankness about her motherhood experience and the touch decision of whether to move to Cape Cod or Myrtle Beach. I would like to nominate her for the award and I have also subscribed and look forward to reading more of her blog.
I am also nominating Covered in Chalk Dust, A Tale of Two Teachers. It is mom’s blog about teaching journalism and is both well written and entertaining. I am also nominating Careykid’s Blog, which is a blog maintained by my mom and her student’s. These kids are so dedicated to learning journalism and sometimes have intelligent discussions on topics that are beyond their years. It is a testament to my mom’s teaching as well as the student’s passion about their own studies. I can’t wait to see what blogs they nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award!